Virgin-O-Logy Depiction of Virginity
virgin-o-logy.com formerly known also as virginology.org
|men are the gatekeepers of commitment and women are the gatekeepers of sex|
Translate this page!Share with others :-)
web page is to be viewed in Unicode Character Set UTF-8 if problems
UTF-8 is probably the most commonly used encoding. Unicode for humanity united.
The Unicorn and Virginity
The Annunciation with Unicorn Polyptych 1480, Altar of Most Holy Virgin Mary
from the St. Elisabeth Church in Wroclaw, National Museum, Warsaw
The Hunt of the Unicorn, the Archangel Gabriel is shown blowing a horn.
The unicorn is a legendary animal from European folklore that resembles a white horse with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead, and sometimes a goat's beard and cloven hooves. First mentioned by the ancient Greeks, it became the most important imaginary animal of the Middle Ages and Renaissance when it was commonly described as an extremely wild woodland creature, a symbol of purity and grace, which could only be captured by a virgin. In the encyclopedias its horn was said to have the power to render poisoned water potable and to heal sickness.The unicorn, through its intemperance and not knowing how to control itself, for the love it bears to fair maidens forgets its ferocity and wildness; and laying aside all fear it will go up to a seated damsel and go to slee p in her lap, and thus the hunters take it. (Wikipedia)
The Unicorn is a symbol of innocence, of purity, of strenghth, of knowledge, of clarity, of natural truth, and of devotion to remain a virgin until the wedding night because
the reciprocated gift of premarital virginity is the best prognostic factor for a successful marriage.
What does the unicorn mean on your coat of arms?
Modesty has nothing to do with
The prude, prudish view of sexuality:
* demonizes normal anatomy and physiology
* fetishizes genitals and other erogenous zones
* focuses the mind on 'dirty' / 'forbidden' topics
* provokes sexual obsessions and pervertions for life
* facilitates deviant sexual imprinting imposed by sex maniacs
* exposes to sexual predators who 'fight prudery' and 'liberate the prudes'
* reduces a plethora of body's reward system triggers to sexual stimulants only
* obscures and marginalizes the whole richness of religious teaching which does not address sexuality
* distracts from faith those who temporarily cannot control their sexuality, are just curious or experiment
Numerous preachers of obscenity, vulgarity, and promiscuity use raunchiness as a Wunderwaffe (wonder-weapon) against religious communities and spiritual leaders. They falsely accuse of prudery those genuine believers who cling to their values, want to raise their children the same way, and protect their young ones from being manipulated and victimized by sex - obsessed maniacs, religious wars mongers, and social structure disintegration instigators (not uncommonly all-in-one).